Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.makinsmilescoffee.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Your name and email address will be stored in order to email you information pertaining to Makin’ Smiles Coffee. You may opt out of the mailing list by emailing email@example.com requesting to be removed from our newsletter.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
Makin’ Smiles Coffee
Colorado Springs, CO
How we protect your data
What data breach procedures we have in place
What third parties we receive data from
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 10 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example —
We accept payments through Stripe. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to Stripe, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Please see https://stripe.com/gb/privacy for more details.
What data is collected
Information shared with a payment provider to process payments includes:
- Unique payment identifier
- Payment provider identifier
How payment providers use data
To better understand how a provider uses and stores the data shared with them, check their privacy policies directly:
This plugin/extension sets the following cookies:
- _stripe_mid – Learn more https://stripe.com/gb/privacy
- _stripe_sid – Learn more https://stripe.com/gb/privacy
We use ShipStation to process and ship our orders. ShipStation collects your contact information like name and address in order to process shipping labels for your order. We use USPS and Stamps.com in order to process orders. We may also use UPS, FedEx, and ShippingEasy. Their privacy policies are below.
What data is collected
Information shared with a shipping provider includes city and zip code, to calculate shipping rates.
How shipping providers use data
Their privacy policies are included below:
- USPS: https://about.usps.com/who-we-are/privacy-policy/welcome.htm
- UPS: https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-center/legal-terms-conditions/privacy-notice.page
- FedEx: http://www.fedex.com/us/security/privacy-policy-us.html
- ShipStation: https://www.shipstation.com/privacy-policy/
- ShippingEasy: https://support.shippingeasy.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003637406-Privacy-Policy
- Stamps.com: https://www.stamps.com/privacy-policy/